2008-09-13, 03:11 PM
I think anyone can be "strong" and anyone can be "weak." During the 2x Yollande event I finished at lvl 131 with a 2 dex bathrobe, 2 str stolen fence, clean ss, and a 3 below average clean black umbrella. I struggled every day just to afford potion money. Other people had much better equips than me, but they wasted time so I was stronger. Also, if you're a team-oriented player, you'll be friends with people who are perhaps more powerful than you, and the issue will be negated anyway.
High levels that I've met are usually -- not always but usually -- rich. If you're an Archmage saving up, you may eventually have enough for an Elemental staff and godly equips. Even if you don't, back in the day before 30% scrolls, people grinded with crappy scrolled weapons and without 2x and did just fine. The impression that you "must" have uber-godly weapons and damage is just an illusion created by Nexon in its eternal drive to get more of your money.
High levels that I've met are usually -- not always but usually -- rich. If you're an Archmage saving up, you may eventually have enough for an Elemental staff and godly equips. Even if you don't, back in the day before 30% scrolls, people grinded with crappy scrolled weapons and without 2x and did just fine. The impression that you "must" have uber-godly weapons and damage is just an illusion created by Nexon in its eternal drive to get more of your money.

