2010-12-04, 08:19 PM
Jamie_Kurosawa Wrote:People who chose to leech to their levels and jobs never earned them nor should they have any right or reason to influence the game which they clearly have. In short, I think he has FULL right to invalidate anyone who so rightly deserves the title of trash. It doesn't matter if the character is yours or not. Using shortcuts to gain power makes you literally one thing that could be agreed upon on a lot of Maple distributions. A Noob.
Seriously, what have you accomplished if you have gained everything with minimal effort? Absolutely nothing.
(I'll gladly accept a warning on this next comment... so if it offends you... up yours)
There have always been alternatives for everyone in the game to get levels and play but people were too stupid and whiny to utilize them all. Many people who do nothing but ABC whine that they spent so much time getting to Level XYZ. We have had plenty of things to do but problem is people like to listen to bad information and then follow that information as if it's a bible.
Maybe if people would apply themselves more, be a little more open, and not confine themselves to a set groove in the road we would have never had this problem to begin with. Saying something is too anything (difficult, time consuming, etc.) maybe is a sign you need to try a bit harder like the guy who did get ahead.
No offense, but Maplestory is a giant grindfest with a chat engine attached. I've played it for 5 years, and at first I didn't want to believe it, but I've come to accept it. Nothing about it is difficult or challenging, just time consuming. Press button X to attack, button Y to jump, and button Z and Q to heal yourself. Mix in copious amounts of time, and tada! You're level 200.
Anything that lessens that grind is OK in my book as long as it's not blatantly against the rules. Exploiting unfair mechanics isn't against the rules, it just makes the rest of envious. Notice how I didn't say "it makes the game harder for the rest of us" - if anything, it makes the game easier since there are more people out there who are willing to reciprocate and sell leech themselves.
I'm tired of all this bullshit self-glorification. You're not doing something harder, you're doing something that requires a lot of time. Being level 200 doesn't make you better at me at anything besides spending time on Maplestory. There's no skill involved here, people. Stop invalidating entire sects of people for admitting that this takes too much time and taking shortcuts. And don't give me that "don't say it's too _____, do what the guy who already did it did!" Not all of us can spare the 10+ hours a day it takes to get to level 200 without 2x and/or leeching.
I was a Mapler before many of you were even out of high school, I was one of the original oms40archers, I played on Scania before anything but Scania existed, and my old mage still has his mark of the beta. Do I give a pomegranate if they leech or get levels easier? NO! Do what you gotta do. As long as you're not hacking, it's fine. Just like my grandparents don't begrudge me for all of my modern advantages. They're happy for me! I know, pioneers being happy for their progeny, wacky stuff.
