2008-09-01, 02:12 PM
Once every 5, or even 8 seconds is not beyond functionality. Especially when you consider you already have to stand still for 3 seconds while casting the current Genesis.
I realize that there's the potential to make some people weaker, but I'm pretty sure if you took all the magicians in GMS and summed up their magic before and after this proposed change, after would be indisputably higher.
Besides, even if INT did get nerfed badly enough to make LUKless inferior, you can convert if it matters that much.
Afrobean Wrote:ps for people talking about balancing the lukless build, particularly in regards to level 130 lukless wands: rather than cutting int's effectiveness, you should be advocating making luk worthwhile. Why are so many of you quick to say "make them weaker" when you should be saying "make me stronger"? I would say that luk should add a bit of magic. You make each point in luk add .8 magic, and I think it would be easy to have the gap closed up to the point where everyone would be using luk equipment at endgame (like other classes where the -less build becomes less functional at endgame, even if the -less build has advantages at lower levels). And even if luk added magic, some people might still choose to be a little weaker, be pure int for a while, and have more MP.Is 0.8*INT really that much worse than 1*INT? If you had 600 INT, you'd be losing 120 magic there. Then, since we'd have 2*MA, you'd gain back an amount equal to your equipment MA. Look at the 130 wands. Alone, clean, they have more than enough MA on them to break even after the INT multiplier decrease.
I realize that there's the potential to make some people weaker, but I'm pretty sure if you took all the magicians in GMS and summed up their magic before and after this proposed change, after would be indisputably higher.
Besides, even if INT did get nerfed badly enough to make LUKless inferior, you can convert if it matters that much.

