2008-08-25, 04:29 PM
Afrobean Wrote:Blizzard and Meteo have harder hitting potential when on level playing field.
Genesis is much lower MP cost, and it is, by all accounts, faster as well. This means that on level playing field, Genesis has the highest DPS potential.
No endgame monsters to grind on are weak to fire or ice, yet there are holy weak. This gives Bishops heavy advantage in the goal to gain levels at endgame, although this could be changed at any time in the future.
With functional elemental weapons, the percentage based boost puts neutral Mages about on par with advantaged Bishops in attacking power (particularly if you consider a lukless Mage using the 130 wand and a Bishop using a Maple Wisdom Staff). With these weapons and a level playing field has Mages heavily in the lead (although it is worth noticing that because of the situation with monsters as mentioned above, this instance not that practical to consider).
That's all there is to it. No need for a thread really. Further discussion won't really take it any further other than for people to get mad and vent about the facts I mentioned above. I guess things could go further in depth, such as the variances in power between the two Mage attacks, but that's not really what the topic is asking for either.
KaidaTan Wrote:On a somewhat on-topic note, I'm very glad Elemental Wands/Staves came out. It'll do wonders for balancing Arch-Mages with the other attackers at bosses. Though it would have been nice for Holy-Mages to have gotten one, I don't think it would have realistically helped any. For the most part, Holy-Mages do no attacking at bosses and they already train fast enough. Unfortunately they gave people even more of a reason to be luckless, but I'm sure we all knew that's how endgame would be anyway.Elemental staffs/wands are not as easy to get as everyone thinks. Being gach only unless you're rich you aren't getting one.
EDIT: Give me a pineappleing break, Priests are not enslaved, that would imply they don't get anything out of it. I wish I could leech 3 jobs then get the best mob skill in the game while still being wanted on boss runs. Seriously, stop with the whole "OMG BISHOPZ HAV IT HARD QQ" bullpumpernickel.

