Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
People being hacked since the last Server Check.
@KhainiWest, you don't understand, I'm not saying "Eh, people have been getting hacked eversince... nothing special about it"
I DO acknowledge it has been happening recently to WAY too many people, I'm paranoid about it myself and won't ever log out
All I'm saying (correspondingly to my post from the previous page) is that there is, for sure, more than a few people who have been hacked the old fasioned way, who posted in this thread (or in any other hackwave-related thread).

BUT! and this is a big BUT
there might not be a breach afterall, like I said, maybe up to this point, hacked who had people's ID+password information (keylog source) have been unable to do something with it, due to the fact they had the PIC thing in their way aswell, and NOW, as supposedly they have this PIC bypass, there is this mass hacking because so many hackers who couldn't do anything with mere ID+passwords are finally able to, resulting in this mass hacking wave.

Let's face it, not everyone who says his computer is malware/spyware free, virus clean ETC ETC, is actually right. Most people are clueless. For example, my friend who was hacked a few weeks ago whom I inquired right afterwards, said his computer had NOD32 antivirus+antispyware, and when I asked if it was up-to-date, he said it was. when I asked AGAIN; 'are you SURE?' he replied 'Yes'.
Now, if he wasn't a close friend of mine, we would just assume he was correct, right?
and so I asked for a screen-share (we were skyping) and so I saw his antivirus was pineappleing Yellow (or even red, while a properly working NOD32 should be green), then I asked him to open his NOD32, and he was like pointing out the "V Antivirus protection, V Antispyware protection" when above that there was this WALL of text, warning the username+password are invalid and expired and should be renewed, and that his computer is at risk.
I told him to go to the Update section... his virus database was 8 months old.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
People being hacked since the last Server Check. - by Xzotic - 2011-09-27, 09:13 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)