Exidous Wrote:I can confirm that in Tespia at least, combining an epic 2-line with an epic 2-line can result in a rare 2-line. Therefore this method is inferior to cubes past epic. But before epic and with low-cost readily available equips, I'd say its well worth considering.
Moreover, it seems like with better materials, there are better outcomes... I got many more epics by combining two potential items than by combining two non-potential items. Additionally, I combined several 3-line rares, both initial attempts created 3-line rares. Finally one came out that wasn't, instead it was 2-line epic. Finally on like the sixth attempt, two 3-line rares gave me a 2-line rare. This might just be improbable results, but the skew is notable. Also, all this was with the level 26 common warfare pants.
Fun fact, at one point the armor shop in Henesys wouldn't let me buy warfare pants anymore (said some kind of konglish "out of stock"), I had to cc/relog to keep buying.
In the name of SCIENCE I shall forge together some shoes and log the results.
Level 20 Pirate Shoes, to be precise (10 def, no other stats).
Clean + Clean With lv.1 Alchemist
Average no-pot: IIIII II
3L Rare: I
2L Rare: I
Final: 9 shoes made, all average stats, 22% hidden pot. "premium percent 0%"
Clean + Clean With lv.2 Alchemist
Average no-pot: IIIII IIIII IIIII
Below average no-pot: I
2L Rare: III
Above average 2L Rare: I
2L Epic: I
Final: 21 shoes made, 19/21 average stats, 24% hidden pot. premium 4.7%, crappy 4.7%
Clean + Clean With lv.3 Alchemist
Average no-pot: IIIII IIIII IIIII I
Below average no-pot: IIIII
Above average no-pot: II
Below average 2L Rare: I
3L Rare: IIIII
(note: I was reforging below/above average stat items separately but they all came out average)
Final: 29 shoes made, 21/29 average stats, 21% hidden pot. premium 6.9%, crappy 20.7%
I had a lot of 2L/3L so I decided to try recombining at this point.
Clean + 3L With lv.3 Alchemist
Average no-pot: IIII
Below Average no-pot: I
Conclusion: Clean + Potted items is a bad idea.
2L Rare + 2L Rare With lv.3 Alchemist
Below Average 2L Rare: III
2L Rare: I
3L Rare: I
3L Rare + 3L Rare With lv.3 Alchemist
2L Rare: I
Tentative conclusion: As good as super miracle cubes, on rare items anyway. Bad to use on 3L items though.
Clean + Clean With lv.4 Alchemist
Average no-pot: IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII II
Below Average no-pot: IIIII II
Above Average no-pot: I
2L Rare: IIIII
3L Rare: II
2L Epic: I
Clean + Clean lv.10 Pirate Shoes, to see if level greatly affects things. Evidently it doesn't.
Average no-pot: IIIII
2L Rare: I
Final: 59 shoes made, 51/59 average, 15% hidden pot. premium 1.7%, crappy 11.9%
2L Rare + 2L Rare with Lv. 4 Alchemist
Above average clean: I
Below average 2L Rare: I
3L Rare: I
3L Rare + 3L Rare
2L Rare: I
Clean + Clean Level 5 Alchemy
Average clean: IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIII
Below average clean: IIIII IIIII IIII
Above average clean: IIIII I
Below average 2L Rare: II
2L Rare: IIIII I
Above average 2L Rare: II
Below average 3L Rare: II
3L Rare: I
Above average 3L Rare: I
(note: more below average here 'cause I switched to using the level 40 gear, which has more stats. However, "premium equip" above average seems to mean all stats average or higher. )
Final: 83 equips made, 56/83 average, 17% hidden pot, premium 10.8%, crappy 21.6%
2L Rare + 2L Rare
2L Rare: III
Above average 2L Rare: I
3L Rare: II
Above average 3L Rare: II
3L Rare + 3L Rare
2L Rare: II
Cumulative results, level 1 ~ 5:
201 equips made.
36 with hidden potential = 18%
2 epic on reveal = 5.5% of those with hidden potential
12 with 3 lines = 33% of those with hidden potential
20 equips made from 2 with hidden potential
16 with 2 lines, 4 with 3 lines started - all 4 with 3L became 2L.
6/20 with 3 lines = 30% of those with hidden potential
Clean + Clean level 6 Alchemy
average: IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII
below average: IIIII IIIII IIII
above average: IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII
below average 2L rare: IIII
2L rare: IIIII IIIII I
above average 2L rare: I
below average 3L rare: I
3L rare: IIIII I
above average 3L rare: II
below average 3L epic: I
Final: 100 equips made, 57/100 average, 26% with hidden pot, premium 23%, crappy 20%.
2L Rare + 2L Rare
below average 2L rare: II
2L rare: IIIII I
above average 2L rare: I
below average 3L rare: I
3L rare: II
3L Rare + 3L Rare
no potential: I
below average 2L rare: I
2L rare: I
above average 2L rare: II
2L epic: I
2L epic + 2L epic
3L rare: I
Raising Alchemy's fairly cheap... the shoes are costing me only about 440k per "day" worth of fatigue. (8k per shoe, 5k per alchemy stone, 3 fatigue each so 34 per "day"). Of course, vast majority of what I get is crap... 2 epic shoes in 133 tries so far.
I wrote "premium %" - the success rate includes a premium % that supposedly accounts for items with more than average stats. It's 0%, 2%, 4%, 6%. I got 0%, 5%, 7%, 2%, but sample sizes are too small to really judge this, and I've been leveling up my alchemy as fast as possible to try to get it to a measurable amount.
On another note, you can extract lv.40-60 item crystals from level 10-20 items. You only get 1-2 per shot though.
Also, below average items are white instead of grey. Wonder why.

