2011-06-07, 01:36 AM
Nope, because the shop went down like 5 minutes after the update was live.
Browser criticism:
Loads pages faster than I thought it would, however it seems to just give up on certain pages that are long. They keyboard is easy to use, and the key presses are very precise for me, though I'm using the stylus for it rather than my thumbs. Support for Japanese is fine. It sounds funny that I'm mentioning it, but I feel it has to be mentioned because you'd be surprised at how some developers feel that territories outside of Japan don't need such functionality and remove it when it's not like it was hurting anyone to keep it in.
However, there is no support for multiple tabs. There is no in browser download available (at least, I don't think so. You can't save images, which sucks). There's not many options in terms of privacy and such. History? Well there's certainly an option to clear history, but I see no option to see a list of previously visited pages or anything for you to return to. No flash support, but I expected that already. Whether Nintendo decides to get a Youtube app or something is on them.
Overall it seems like the kind of thing you'd just use if you wanted to quickly get tips on Gamefaqs or something mid-game. Or maybe Facebook or something, since I saw on some forums that Facebook works just fine on it or something.
Waiting for 3DS to get hacked so homebrewers can give the browser more functionality, but I'm not expecting that any time soom.
Browser criticism:
Loads pages faster than I thought it would, however it seems to just give up on certain pages that are long. They keyboard is easy to use, and the key presses are very precise for me, though I'm using the stylus for it rather than my thumbs. Support for Japanese is fine. It sounds funny that I'm mentioning it, but I feel it has to be mentioned because you'd be surprised at how some developers feel that territories outside of Japan don't need such functionality and remove it when it's not like it was hurting anyone to keep it in.
However, there is no support for multiple tabs. There is no in browser download available (at least, I don't think so. You can't save images, which sucks). There's not many options in terms of privacy and such. History? Well there's certainly an option to clear history, but I see no option to see a list of previously visited pages or anything for you to return to. No flash support, but I expected that already. Whether Nintendo decides to get a Youtube app or something is on them.
Overall it seems like the kind of thing you'd just use if you wanted to quickly get tips on Gamefaqs or something mid-game. Or maybe Facebook or something, since I saw on some forums that Facebook works just fine on it or something.
Waiting for 3DS to get hacked so homebrewers can give the browser more functionality, but I'm not expecting that any time soom.

