Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hard math problem. help me out please?
#1
So A month ago, my teacher assigned us a challenge problem (I'm only in 8th grade so it shoudn't be too hard for you) I've spent about 15minutes a day on it and I still haven't finished it. So a friend of mine talked about posting it on on Yahoo! answers, and I thought, hey! I wonder if someone from southperry can figure it out?Glitter The problem is below. help me out pl0xFrown

Tommy's mom is making him a cake for his birthday. The cake will be square (but not necessarily a cube- the height is irrelevant) and will be frosted on the top and on all four sides. Tommy and four of his friends want to share the cake among the five of them so that each person will get the same amount of cake and also the same amount of frosting. How should he cut the cake? (all cuts should be made perpendicular to the base)

8th Grade challenge prolem, I know you guys can do itGlitter
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by jrvillarreal - 2008-10-09, 08:40 PM
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by Alloy - 2008-10-09, 08:54 PM
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by Alloy - 2008-10-09, 09:14 PM
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by Alloy - 2008-10-09, 09:21 PM
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by rako - 2008-10-12, 05:04 AM
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by Alloy - 2008-10-12, 01:52 PM
Hard math problem. help me out please? - by Alloy - 2008-10-12, 04:32 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)