2011-03-31, 01:13 AM
Venison! Wrote:I kind of feel like if any of this was truly detrimental to Nexon's income, they would have already attempted a fix. After all, they are a company first and foremost and generating revenue is their main focus. I also still firmly believe we are nowhere near that "breaking point" where majority of the player base would choose to quit over staying, due to the hacking community. When the game becomes inaccessible for days, when cash shop items vanish after purchase, when hackers begin finding exploits that will expose people's personal information or account information...Yeah, people may quit then. But I have found that while some people are concerned about the economy, majority of the people I play with don't really care about the latest few hacks--okay, so wild hunters level fast. Hackers have always found a way to speed their characters up. It's unfair, but it's not affecting you in any way. So they can see the potential. Who buys a hidden potential item in the market anyway? Always go for the magnified 3 liners!
Nexon hasn't done anything to patch the exploits that have been detrimental to their income. For one, there's an exploit out there that lets people reset the 24 hour clock on a Mushie before it disappears. Hackers would buy 1 day mushies and use them infinitely until the next server check. This exploit's been going on for a while now. To make another matter worse, there's an exploit out there that lets one Mushie be used for all the characters on the same account and in different spots. There's even more that I don't know of, but this is only the start. None of these have been patched.
The WH leveling fast, some of the other exploits mentioned in this thread, and such are the least of problems. However, when hackers are able to d/c hack players (yes, I consider this an exploit, too) 24/7, what makes you think that doesn't hinder Nexon's income and also bring players closer to a breaking point? Players who get d/c hacked 24/7 would rather not play the game, rather not spend money on the game, and would essentially do one of the two things I've mentioned: quit or start hacking. Some of the time, they quit, but unlike what you said, the majority of them start hacking. To counter d/c hacking, players need hacks themselves to block the d/c hacking packets. While this is "okay" if players only use hacks for those reasons, you can probably guess where it'd lead.

