2008-09-29, 08:47 PM
Hm, it would make sense for Cold Beam to receive the most benefit from an ice wand, as Comp is mixed and Thunder Spear is, well, thunder. 
It seems like there's a lot of mixed opinions here about Comp vs. Thunder Spear... I was going to make a new thread to ask this, but I think it fits into this conversation as well, so here goes.
Right now I'm in my lower 80s, and will probably not be hitting fourth job before Christmas. Assuming I will not be getting an elemental weapon of any sort, what do you all think about skills for today's training environment in later third job?
I've seen my friend's maxed TS do massive damage, but I had been planning to skip it in favor of getting Composition and putting the leftover points into Slow, based on the fact that there's not much to train on with lightning. It's also slower (seems that way, anyway) and typically the last attack skill gained in third job, while most immediately get Chain Lightning in fourth.
Is this ignorant or ill-informed? I'm only 82 now so I've got time to make up my mind.

It seems like there's a lot of mixed opinions here about Comp vs. Thunder Spear... I was going to make a new thread to ask this, but I think it fits into this conversation as well, so here goes.
Right now I'm in my lower 80s, and will probably not be hitting fourth job before Christmas. Assuming I will not be getting an elemental weapon of any sort, what do you all think about skills for today's training environment in later third job?
I've seen my friend's maxed TS do massive damage, but I had been planning to skip it in favor of getting Composition and putting the leftover points into Slow, based on the fact that there's not much to train on with lightning. It's also slower (seems that way, anyway) and typically the last attack skill gained in third job, while most immediately get Chain Lightning in fourth.
Is this ignorant or ill-informed? I'm only 82 now so I've got time to make up my mind.

