Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow
#3
Back when I was a cleric, I decided to max HA. At the moment, I was throwing a tantrum over being a support class, and decided 'what the hell, I want my own attacking skill'. To this day I still regret my decision. Of course in part it's because I chose it over teleport, which was a big mistake, but mainly, it's because I can't remember of one time I used the skill for serious training.

If you have a cleric/priest you have to accept the fact that you are a support class. Soloing will most likely slow you down, and I can't think of a situation where HA will be actually useful in a party.

I don't see how the KB matters if most of the time you'll be in the middle of an undead mob healing away (and SRing when you're priest). Dark monsters... again, maybe if you're messing around or hunting for an item, but training at dark monsters will get you terrible experience compared to undead.

So yeah, I still think HA is useless, replaced by AR, most useless skill in 2nd job book and clerics aren't meant for offense. And all the guides I've read come from people who have trained clerics/priests/bishops and know what they're talking about. I still regret not listening to them so I don't think they're "ignorant players".

Bottom line is, if you want the skill, get it. It's your character after all. If you want to make a dex bishop go right ahead. Guides are there so people can learn from others' experience and mistakes, and if most of them advice against HA, I'm sure there's a reason for it.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by JezzaRules - 2008-09-25, 09:09 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Migrant - 2008-09-25, 09:19 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Joe - 2008-09-25, 09:41 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by butterfλi - 2008-09-25, 09:52 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by DrRusty - 2008-09-25, 10:34 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by psychopat - 2008-09-25, 11:58 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Flirtini - 2008-09-25, 03:05 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Derimed - 2008-09-25, 03:15 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Corn - 2008-09-25, 03:32 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Bribery - 2008-09-25, 04:50 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Morgana - 2008-09-25, 05:25 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by JezzaRules - 2008-09-25, 09:00 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Cyanne - 2008-09-25, 09:36 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Blankout - 2008-09-25, 09:44 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Russt - 2008-09-26, 12:49 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by nannerz - 2008-09-26, 01:14 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Afrobean - 2008-09-26, 03:52 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Cyanne - 2008-09-26, 05:39 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by JezzaRules - 2008-09-26, 05:45 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by ShadyPriest - 2008-09-26, 05:46 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Aeosyn - 2008-09-27, 01:28 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by kIkO - 2008-09-27, 03:07 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by JoshKun - 2008-09-27, 04:27 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Stereo - 2008-09-27, 04:58 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Derimed - 2008-09-27, 05:00 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by psychopat - 2008-09-27, 10:03 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by ToastyGhost - 2008-10-07, 03:26 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Afrobean - 2008-10-07, 04:29 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Stereo - 2008-10-07, 04:33 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Mudkip - 2008-10-07, 08:14 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by JezzaRules - 2008-10-09, 06:53 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by iamflip - 2008-10-09, 07:52 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Tammy - 2008-10-09, 08:56 AM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by gucci - 2008-10-09, 02:55 PM
The MAJOR debate over Holy Arrow - by Russt - 2008-10-10, 12:45 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)