2008-09-25, 09:09 AM
Oh for hecks sake, I am seriosuly sick and tired of others discourging others putting up certain skills. From experience, I have tested most skills and 90% of them are not as what others describe them as.
Out of nearly every discussion and thread, I've been hearing "Thrust Sucks", "Arrow Blow sucks" "Doom is pointless" or maybe "Rage is useless". Next thing I know is that I'll be hearing someone shout "Meso Explosion is crap" >.>.
Anyway the point is that I've been hearing nearly everyone saying "Dont put on Holy Arrow, it sucks!", "lol HA is crap" or maybe "OMG NOOB, you put on HA! *defames*".
I created a cleric myself and trained it up to a priest and guess what? Holy Arrow wasn't bad as I had heard from other clerics, priests. True that Angel Ray replaces HA but could you be bothered training without it until 120?
Pros:
* Gives good KB
* Reliable on Dark Monsters
* Longer range than M Claw
Cons:
* Not helpful against mobs
* Does not pass through walls like M Claw does
* Damage not as balanced as M Claw
As you can see, I've balanced the pros and cons above.
Myth: Level 1 Shining Ray replaces maxed HA.
My Opinion: That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard that came out from a cleric/priest. Firstly Level 11 Shining Rays damage becomes stronger than Maxed HA.
Secondly, those two skills are incomparable because they're two different offensive skills. Holy Arrow is a basic missile whereas Shining Ray is an AoE. Finally Shining Ray too has it's own disadvantages. This AoE has the most horrible range I've ever seen, Holy Arrow can cover that range disability.
Right now, you'd probably thinking that you can use Heal or M Claw to cover the range disability. Firstly Heal is unreliable in terms of damage and it only works on UNDEAD monsters, not demons. M Claws range isn't as good as HA, imagine you've mobbed a bunch of death teddys and one is left charging at you, would you prefer M Claw or Holy Arrow?
Overall you cannot compare these skills at all, they both have different advantages and disadvantages since they are two different kinds of skills.
Myth: Holy Arrow is considered the most useless skill in the 2nd job skillbook.
My Opinion: That, I have to admit I partially agree with that.
Heal, Bless, Tele are a MUST for maxing. This leaves MP Eater and Holy Arrow as the two most useless skills in the cleric skillbook.
Putting up either skill is entirely dependant on how well funded you are. Because I was heavily funded (over 20mil at that time), I chose HA instead of Mp Eater. Invinci is strongly recommended but not entirely necessary. If you think you're smart enough to not to get touch damaged by a monster then you dont have to max this (but its recommended for a precaution)
Still despite this, HOly Arrow is not entirely useless as everyone claims it to be.
Myth: Clerics arent meant for offense so what's the point of maxing HA if you're going to rely on party members to train you?
My Opinion: That sounds more like a priest with maxed Holy Sign. And for your information, clerics/priest aren't heal slaves for sins/dits or dragon knights. Where is the fun in the cleric if you're not going to attack?
Nonetheless even if you do not intend to attack often, you should still have an offensive skill to defend yourself with.
M Claw is ok in some cases but what if a monster (with high TD or touch damage) that requires a 1000 damage knockback charges in your direction when you're cornered?
Overall, Holy Arrow is not to be underestimated with, it is definately not as bad as you think.
It is a shame that ignorant players enjoy discouraging others from maxing a certain skill.
Out of nearly every discussion and thread, I've been hearing "Thrust Sucks", "Arrow Blow sucks" "Doom is pointless" or maybe "Rage is useless". Next thing I know is that I'll be hearing someone shout "Meso Explosion is crap" >.>.
Anyway the point is that I've been hearing nearly everyone saying "Dont put on Holy Arrow, it sucks!", "lol HA is crap" or maybe "OMG NOOB, you put on HA! *defames*".
I created a cleric myself and trained it up to a priest and guess what? Holy Arrow wasn't bad as I had heard from other clerics, priests. True that Angel Ray replaces HA but could you be bothered training without it until 120?
Pros:
* Gives good KB
* Reliable on Dark Monsters
* Longer range than M Claw
Cons:
* Not helpful against mobs
* Does not pass through walls like M Claw does
* Damage not as balanced as M Claw
As you can see, I've balanced the pros and cons above.
Myth: Level 1 Shining Ray replaces maxed HA.
My Opinion: That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard that came out from a cleric/priest. Firstly Level 11 Shining Rays damage becomes stronger than Maxed HA.
Secondly, those two skills are incomparable because they're two different offensive skills. Holy Arrow is a basic missile whereas Shining Ray is an AoE. Finally Shining Ray too has it's own disadvantages. This AoE has the most horrible range I've ever seen, Holy Arrow can cover that range disability.
Right now, you'd probably thinking that you can use Heal or M Claw to cover the range disability. Firstly Heal is unreliable in terms of damage and it only works on UNDEAD monsters, not demons. M Claws range isn't as good as HA, imagine you've mobbed a bunch of death teddys and one is left charging at you, would you prefer M Claw or Holy Arrow?
Overall you cannot compare these skills at all, they both have different advantages and disadvantages since they are two different kinds of skills.
Myth: Holy Arrow is considered the most useless skill in the 2nd job skillbook.
My Opinion: That, I have to admit I partially agree with that.
Heal, Bless, Tele are a MUST for maxing. This leaves MP Eater and Holy Arrow as the two most useless skills in the cleric skillbook.
Putting up either skill is entirely dependant on how well funded you are. Because I was heavily funded (over 20mil at that time), I chose HA instead of Mp Eater. Invinci is strongly recommended but not entirely necessary. If you think you're smart enough to not to get touch damaged by a monster then you dont have to max this (but its recommended for a precaution)
Still despite this, HOly Arrow is not entirely useless as everyone claims it to be.
Myth: Clerics arent meant for offense so what's the point of maxing HA if you're going to rely on party members to train you?
My Opinion: That sounds more like a priest with maxed Holy Sign. And for your information, clerics/priest aren't heal slaves for sins/dits or dragon knights. Where is the fun in the cleric if you're not going to attack?
Nonetheless even if you do not intend to attack often, you should still have an offensive skill to defend yourself with.
M Claw is ok in some cases but what if a monster (with high TD or touch damage) that requires a 1000 damage knockback charges in your direction when you're cornered?
Overall, Holy Arrow is not to be underestimated with, it is definately not as bad as you think.
It is a shame that ignorant players enjoy discouraging others from maxing a certain skill.

