2010-08-28, 03:33 PM
Eosian Wrote:Not exactly new, no, but would you have judged MapleStory by it's Beta release?
You didn't even have all the races yet when it came out of Beta. If you played it before G6 you wouldn't have had even 1/10th of the existing content, features and functionality it has now at G11.
I think it was more that I was tired of point and click type MMOs and the prospect of paying for it at the time didn't seem worth it. Knowing this I might log-in again to see if there's a way to augment myself to all the changes to give it a chance, but even then, the style of gameplay may turn me off again over time.
As for judging MS at the end of beta, you are correct. I personally found it a better, simpler game at the time (granted it was 3 months after beta for me). Playing each class to test the waters then deciding my second job based on the element of the recent/soon to come 3rd job. True we didn't even know about 4th job, true we had to stand in place to heal ourselves, true there were no real bosses or challenges, but everything was
Anyway, we are diverging from the topic of the thread, so let's end this here. Once again, I ask, did anyone receive any sort of in game notice in Pop-tag to show that they had won anything? I realize that the winners will receive the price 1-2 weeks after the fact, but not even informing the winners seems kind of stupid.

