2009-11-27, 07:10 PM
Moonlapse Wrote:The backgrounds (and the art direction in general) are amazing, and drew me into the game as well. However the sprites could use some more texturing and detail.
Hmm, I agree to some extent, but since 2.5D would be terrible in this game (too many variations of sprites would make the file size huge yet still have sub-KartRider level graphics
), but the only way I see this potentially working is by increasing the game's resolution; and everything related. The problem with this is that sprites are a difficult thing to re-size and change ratios. In order to get the extra details we'd like, we'd have to increase the size of the characters; but do that, and the large heads we have already may look odd as can be. However, if you shrink the heads too much, you lose the original style. It would have to be done by real professionals, but if they manage to do it right, I'd love to see it. Granted, this would still likely increase the game's size by at least 75% (throwing numbers out of nowhere by the way).I suppose that in and of itself would be worthy of calling 2.0, but it would take far longer than this estimated date.
Baklava Wrote:RAGNAROK ONLINe 2
Did they ever follow through with that? I lost track of it when I came to MS over 4 years ago.

