Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I'm getting hacked
#8
Anton Wrote:You won't forget it if you take 30 mins to learn your password... Even with 1 special character the chances you're getting hacked are much smaller.
Why would I waste 30 mins of my life to learn something that doesn't help me at all? Theres no "smaller" chance, because even with a not very complicated password that doesnt resemble any word your chances to get hacked are zero, considering you don't have a keylogger, didn't give your password away and nexon didn't get hacked. It's practically impossible to brute force a password over the internet... Eos took over 10 hours to brute force something with 65,000 possibilities. Even an extraordinary weak 6 characters password with only non captial letters has over 244,140,625 possibilities, which is equal to about 35,000 hours of brute-forcing. See where I'm getting? It's not possible to crack passwords over the internet. Period. Even if your password IS a dictionary word (which is the weakest type of passwords), dictionary attack lists are usually 1.5m words long. thats equal to almost a week of attacking. And all of these calculations are not even including the 10 minutes ban you get every 5 tries.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I'm getting hacked - by crewe127 - 2009-07-23, 06:51 PM
I'm getting hacked - by KajitiSouls - 2009-07-23, 08:04 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Blaine - 2009-07-23, 08:24 PM
I'm getting hacked - by XgrantwallX - 2009-07-23, 08:32 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Derimed - 2009-07-24, 12:19 AM
I'm getting hacked - by Kortestanov - 2009-07-24, 02:30 AM
I'm getting hacked - by Anton - 2009-07-24, 04:06 AM
I'm getting hacked - by Kortestanov - 2009-07-24, 04:53 AM
I'm getting hacked - by KajitiSouls - 2009-07-24, 01:06 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Acim - 2009-07-24, 01:12 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Derimed - 2009-07-24, 01:16 PM
I'm getting hacked - by SuGaRnSp1C3 - 2009-07-24, 01:23 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Sarah - 2009-07-24, 02:15 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Blaine - 2009-07-24, 02:28 PM
I'm getting hacked - by SuGaRnSp1C3 - 2009-07-24, 02:37 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Kortestanov - 2009-07-24, 03:08 PM
I'm getting hacked - by rassilon - 2009-07-24, 10:35 PM
I'm getting hacked - by Derimed - 2009-07-25, 01:44 AM
I'm getting hacked - by Kortestanov - 2009-07-27, 01:01 PM
I'm getting hacked - by SuGaRnSp1C3 - 2009-07-27, 04:57 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)