Harrisonized Wrote:So that means that people should only move for friends and not strangers? Why must distinguish this? Is being a friend make her more human than a stranger?
Im not even saying that you shouldnt move for strangers. Im saying you're more likely to move for friends than for a complete stranger. In a perfect world, yes you'd move for everyone, but we dont live in a perfect world. With that in mind, would you give up your spot to a hated enemy?
Quote:Let's compare this to three people trying to survive in the desert, with only one canteen of water. There is a rule among the three that the person gets 5 seconds to drink from the canteen every day. However, one of the three people can gulp more water than the other people can, and thus drinks more than his share (which should be rightfully 1/3rd of the canteen), and as a result, the other person will dehydrate. Would you not call this greed? It's "rightfully" his because he get's 5 seconds, but because of his actions one person must face thirst?
Where the hell did that analogy come from? As Kevin said, it's not even rational. I know if I was stuck in the desert with you and Kevin (oh man, if that happened, I think I'd die listening to you two argue before I die of thirst, LOL), I know I certainly wont agree to that rule. I'd say that it's that person who's facing thirst's fault for agreeing to such a retarded idea in the first place. Who owns the canteen of water? because whoever does should obviously be entitled to it, in which it is then his choice whether or not to share it. If each has a canteen, then this wouldnt be a problem. In your scenario, no one has a right to the item by itself. In the FM situation, someone actually owns the spot.
Quote:That's like someone choosing not to save another person's life from fear of getting sued. -.-
That's a bit extreme in terms of a comparisson. Your example involves consequences but there are no consequences to holding the spot.
Quote:Jackk, I'm not saying that you have to, but I'm saying people on this game lack the courtesy to, hence the title.
and Im not saying that you have to either, Im merely saying that it's going too far to ask people to live on your standards of courtesy. I mean, really, this is none of your buisness. You already have your spot, why does it matter what they're doing with their spot? It's nice that you have your own "personal sense of courtesy" here, but at the same time, you cant expect others to have this exact sense of courtesy. As Kevin said, to someone else (Ex. VoltesV), they would return the 100% GM Scrolls they bought in MTS for under 1k. If he went "People these days lack courtesy...they're all about ripping people off and getting cheap deals and making money that way. They should return the scroll because its the right thing to do", would you agree with him and return the scroll? Everyone has a different sense of justice. Just keep yoru standards to yourself and let others do the same.
Edit: The mistake is indeed by the owner of the scroll but the same can be said about shop spots. I agree with LittlePrincess here: It can be said that it's a "mistake" of the person looking for a spot to not look earlier or to have the necessary "equipment" to get a spot and hang onto it.

