2009-02-01, 11:05 AM
Well, I'm majoring in Computer Networking, took several Client, Server OS classes. I also learned how to use DOS, etc, blah blah blah. I never took Programming, if I said that, I'd be lying, and someone can go ahead and shoot me. But here's my perspective, most people don't understand that stuff. It's better to hide things than to let them know about it.
One of my friends irl looks at hacking forums, but yet, he does not hack (and yes, he plays MS). I know that because I saw him looking at a forums for it, regardless, I don't treat him any differently, he's still a human. Most people in-game are kids (and you do have to get over this fact, but it's true), and rather.. 'stupid'. They don't understand a lot of things that are computer related. If I were to say 'I can hack through a router with an encrypted password', they'd F6 at me and claim that I was a hacker. Right?
That's why you just gotta ignore them, and at the same time, never let people know these things. I can hack routers, slightly, but that's the most I can do. Most people in my guild doesn't even know what I'm even capable of. So yeah, just move on, I guess. Or try to reason with them. Kids don't understand anything, even adults sometimes can't comprehend the concept of computers.
One of my friends irl looks at hacking forums, but yet, he does not hack (and yes, he plays MS). I know that because I saw him looking at a forums for it, regardless, I don't treat him any differently, he's still a human. Most people in-game are kids (and you do have to get over this fact, but it's true), and rather.. 'stupid'. They don't understand a lot of things that are computer related. If I were to say 'I can hack through a router with an encrypted password', they'd F6 at me and claim that I was a hacker. Right?
That's why you just gotta ignore them, and at the same time, never let people know these things. I can hack routers, slightly, but that's the most I can do. Most people in my guild doesn't even know what I'm even capable of. So yeah, just move on, I guess. Or try to reason with them. Kids don't understand anything, even adults sometimes can't comprehend the concept of computers.
