2014-01-31, 11:00 PM
Stereo Wrote:Unless the RNG is abysmally stupid that's not how seeds work.
Although when running through a few cubes at a time, I have noticed near-repeats of potential, so maybe it is that stupid.
This has tended to be my experience nowadays. Whether scrolling, cubing, or items dropping... I tend to see lots of repeats during a short period of time. I assume this "short period of time" is one server tick, and the seed gets reset upon the next server tick? (it's been quite a while since I read up on how RNG's work, and I might be using terminology wrong...)
I first noticed this when I would get multiple rare drops while grinding... from several kills within a few seconds. Then go back to not finding that rare drop for a while, only to have it drop from a few monsters at the same time again. (rather than just finding ONE, since it was a rare drop item)
As for scrolling, same thing... players are often complaining of failing several event 50% scrolls in a row, only to pass several in a row later. (rather than getting a more "random" 50-50 mix of pass-fails)
Cubes and circulators? Same experiences... too many repetitive lines within small time frames.
I've gotten to the point where if I get a fail, or a repeat, I just "take a break". But if I'm on a lucky streak, I ride it.
Used to do ALOT of scrolling back in the day, and I don't remember it being like this.

