2008-12-14, 08:23 AM
ZachAttack Wrote:If you know their genotype, to an extent.
But still, it's not very easy because both your adopted parents could be A type and you might be A type even though you are adopted, that doesn't mean they are your parents.
If both your parents have AB and you have O, congragulations, you're adopted!
Infact, if one of your parents has AB and you have O, it means that that parent ain't yo parent.
Here's a gene...multipication..table..thingy
ABxAB
--A----B--
A AA l AB l
l---------
B AB l BB l
So as you can see, there's no way to get O from those genotypes.
ABXoo
--A----B--
o Ao l Bo l
l ---------
o Ao l Bo l
And there, you can see that even if your mommy has o, if your daddy has AB it means he ain't yo daddy. (This one also works for the kid having AB)
I don't know my blood type, but I know my mom has O, my dad has B(genotype OB), and my older sister got tested and she has O, so I have a 50% chance of being B and 50% being o.

